Saturday, April 7, 2012

Entry no. 1

Hello all! Welcome to my soon to be spiffy knitting blog! This is my first attempt at keeping a public knitting blog, so we'll see how it goes. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Bekky. I reside in the great city of Milwaukee as I work on my Master's in Library and Information Science (a knitting librarian?! Oh, there will be more clichés revealed later on). At college I majored in English and writing with minors in Native American studies and gender and women's studies. I've always been interested in a variety of subjects (math being the exception), so librarianship seems like a fitting profession to go into when you can't make up your mind. I won't be an expert professor in anything, but I'll know how to find almost anything. That's almost like controlling the world as I see it.
I'm mildly obsessed with knitting. I say mildly because I have a dear friend, Jen, who is even more obsessed. Her knitting blog is extremely witty and can be found at: http://www.knittingweatherbarista.blogspot.com/. Since we’re talking about knitting, allow me to give you a review of my WIPs (Works In Progress). First, there is a beautiful sweater for my friend Memo that will be finished as soon as I find a long enough movie or television show to hunker down to and just finish it. I’m working on the cowl portion of the sweater, so more pictures to come when it is assembled. It should be finished just in time for summer -- perfect for those chilly Chicago summer nights. =/
Next is an interlace cowl from the book Entrelac: The Essential Guide to Interlace Knitting by Rosemary Drysdale. The pattern is designed for a cashmere/silk yarn, but I found a beautiful variegated British yarn at Pine Needles Yarn Shop in Cable, Wisconsin (perfect location for a yarn store) that I chose to use instead. I made one with blue yarn for Jen and this red cowl will be for Sara. Those are the only active WIPs that I have around…I’m sure there are others. Can’t give everything away just yet…
That’s all for now my lovely knitting blog stalkers! Please leave a comment if you so choose. Suggestions for future knitting topics are encouraged. If anyone is having a knitting problem or if you non-knitters are curious about anything knitting related (What's with this yarn fondling or "just one more row" you keep hearing from your knitting friends) ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment