Monday, April 16, 2012

Pride & Prejudice + Sock Knitting = Happy Bekky

Guess what!? I finished the sweater! It took a lot of time, frogging, knitting, freaking out texts to Jen, and movies to complete it. I'm happy with how it turned out, though I am worried about the fit. I'll send the sweater to Memo this week and once she has it, she can have her boyfriend take pictures of her wearing it. Wanna see it? I know you do...
Isn't it lovely? I really like how the cowl turned out. I still think it's inside out, but it was one of those occasions where all was well. Mistakes can turn out okay. Lesson learned.
So now what am I going to knit now that this sweater is done? The red cowl? Yes, but I'm pretty sure it's an unwritten rule that once a knitter finishes a project she has to start another despite how many WIPs are collecting dust. I know a lot of knitters who will corroborate this. So instead of doing homework, working out, or anything remotely productive I pulled out some sock yarn, my Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave book, and set out to start some beautiful lace socks. Did you catch it? One lil super important piece is missing...needles! I knit socks using the Magic Loop method (DPNs are annoying. (Oh, right...DPNs=Double Pointed Needles) For more information on Magic Loop see http://www.knittinghelp.com/video/play/magic-loop). I use Addi Turbo size 2 circular needles. They are my joy, my salvation, my dream come true! Sadly, I left them in Northern Wisconsin. At least that's my theory since I tore my room apart looking for them. So I settled for my Harmony Wood needles from KnitPicks. They're pretty and rainbow, but I haven't had great success when it comes to knitting socks. My guess is because certain yarns catch on wood needles and my tension is rather tight. I decided to give it a try regardless since I was desperate to start these socks. I'm using Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight yarn (50% Superwash Merino Wool, 25% Rayon made from Bamboo, and 25% Nylon) in a beautiful variegated purple or "violas" as they call it. It's going well so far. This is my day in a nutshell:
Nothing like knitting socks and some Pride & Prejudice. The good one with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle *swoon*. I have about an inch done on the socks, but I should stop since I have some homework to finish for class tomorrow. I wish I were independently wealthy so I could just knit all day. Oh well. Such is life.
In other news, Jen's coming to Milwaukee this weekend! She recently moved to Chicago and I bugged her to come visit me before I head back to Northern Wisconsin for the summer. I can't wait to knit and drink beer at the bar like the good ol' days. Until then...keep knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment